JOIN OUR TEAM
Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting, newly-public, biotherapeutics company located in the heart of the Boston/Watertown biotech hub, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents targeting immune regulatory pathways for the treatment of cancer.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for preparing financial reports and technical accounting documentation. This person is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who manages complex technical accounting issues and determines conclusions in a timely fashion. This candidate has strong time management skills and has a proven record of success working in fast-paced, dynamic conditions while maintaining a highly effective internal control environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead monthly financial close process in coordination with Senior Accountant
- Prepare SEC filings including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Research new technical accounting standards and non-routine transactions to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment
- Partner with Clinical Operations and FP&A to model clinical accruals and forecast future expenses to be incurred in the company’s clinical trials
- Support the Corporate Controller with enhancement of and adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley internal control policies and procedures, including management’s assessment of internal controls
- Support FP&A with annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process
- Support Senior Accountant with transactional accounting activities, including payroll, stock plan administration, and accounts payable processing as needed
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation
- Other duties and ad hoc projects may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance strongly preferred
Experience and Requirements:
- 5-7 years in Finance/Accounting (including 2-4 years in a Big 4 or other national public accounting firm preferred)
- Previous biotech/life science industry experience or exposure to the industry via auditing experience, is required
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules and regulations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, and Wdesk a plus
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable working with stakeholders across various departments within the company
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
- None or very limited physical effort required
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risk, which require following basic safety precautions.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org