JOIN OUR TEAM
Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting, newly-public, biotherapeutics company located in the heart of the Watertown biotech hub, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents targeting immune regulatory pathways for the treatment of cancer.
The successful candidate will be a creative scientist with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience in in vivo biotherapeutics pharmacology. They will be comfortable working as an independent contributor but in a highly matrixed organization. They will work closely with other scientists in the Translational Pharmacology Team to design and execute key in vivo experiments to address PK/PD and MOA relationships. They will also work as an interface with the Immunology department to run efficacy studies in oncology and immunology models, and with the Research department to test emerging biologics. The role will leverage both external CROs and an external vivarium space. The ideal candidate should have a good grasp of in vivo models, dosing for most routes, and tissue collection to support downstream processes. They should also have experience with the assays that are required to establish PK/PD/efficacy relationships, including ELISA, flow cytometry, histology, gene expression analysis (i.e. nanostring), etc. The successful candidate will present the data to the project team and senior management. They will be expected to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independently design and plan syngeneic mouse pharmacology studies with a focus on anti-tumor activity, PK/PD relationship, MOA and biomarker identification.
- Perform studies using an external CRO or in an external mouse vivarium (hands-on vivarium work).
- Analyze various mouse and NHP plasma and tumor samples to answer PK, PD, MOA and biomarker questions (hands-on bench work).
- Utilize various cell-based and biochemical assay for sample analysis (ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, Jess (Proteinsimple) protein analysis, cell-based activity, proliferation assays and various other platforms.
- Advise translational team on selection and use of various syngeneic mouse models to answer critical project questions.
- Use external CRO resources to develop external histopathology and gene expression assays.
- Perform statistical analysis of experimental data from in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook.
- Actively participate in presentations of lab data and scientific discussions in lab meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- A Ph.D. in Cell or Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology or related disciplines.
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of industrial or postdoctoral laboratory experience working in a cancer, immunology or bioanalytical laboratory.
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience with mouse syngeneic tumor models and PK/PD studies (i.v., i.p, s.c. and oral).
- Strong expertise in cellular tumor immunology, immune checkpoints and T cell/NK biology is a plus.
- Prior expertise with managing work and timelines at various CRO is a must.
- Expertise in preparing tissues for immunohistochemistry and/or ISH is desirable.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and for maintaining timelines with strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to execute experimental plans and deliver results is also necessary.
- Expertise with data processing and analysis tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Prism.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/lab work environment.
- None or very limited physical effort required.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risk, which require following basic safety precautions.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org