Cancer immunotherapy targeting immune checkpoints is demonstrating transformative anti-tumor activity in clinical use, and additional immune regulatory pathways are emerging with the expectation that therapeutics targeting these pathways will rapidly enter clinical development. Werewolf Therapeutics Inc. is an exciting start-up biotech, located in the heart of Cambridge MA, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents for the treatment of cancer. We are currently seeking experienced research scientists to join our rapidly growing team.
Description of Role & Requirement:
The successful candidate will be a creative scientist, with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated expertise in protein biochemistry and antibody/therapeutic protein development. H/she will be responsible for expression and purification of recombinant proteins to support the company’s lead discovery activities. H/she will help with protein engineering and will also assess and optimize developability of biotherapeutics with the goal of selecting development candidates. H/she will be required to design, execute and provide data analysis for protein production and biochemical assays, as well as present the data to the project team and senior management. H/she will be expected to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- A Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related field, as well as 5+ years of laboratory experience is required. A non-Ph.D. with 10+ years of experience will also be considered. Prior industry experience is required.
- Expertise in recombinant protein (e.g. antibodies, cytokines, and antigens) engineering, expression, purification, and biochemical characterization.
- SDS-PAGE, Western, SEC, IEX, HPLC/FPLC, DSC/DSF, ELISA, mass spectrometry, glycan analysis, conjugation.
- Expertise in mammalian cell expression systems, including CHO and HEK293, is absolutely required.
- Experience with kinetics platforms (e.g. Biacore/ForteBio/KinExA).
- Experience with formulation and stability studies is a plus.
- Experience with cell-based assays.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills are required.
- Knowledge of oncology or immunology is beneficial.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and for maintaining timelines. Strong organizational skills.
- Expertise with protein analysis tools, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to execute experimental plans and deliver results is also necessary.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org