JOIN OUR TEAM
Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting, newly-public, biotherapeutics company located in the heart of the Boston/Cambridge biotech hub, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents targeting immune regulatory pathways for the treatment of cancer.
The successful candidate will be a creative scientist with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience in in vitro and in vivo biotherapeutics pharmacology. They will be working on pharmacology projects to design, create, test and evaluate novel tumor-directed and immuno-oncology-focused therapeutics through close collaboration and interaction with specialized internal teams and external CRO. The successful candidate will present the data to the project team and senior management. They will be expected to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning experiments and Lentiviral transduction of primary human T cells, as well as the ability to assess experimental outcomes through a variety of cell-based techniques.
- Strong expertise in cellular tumor immunology, immune checkpoints, adoptive cell transfer and T cell/NK biology.
- Candidate should have extensive hands-on experience with mouse syngeneic and human xenograft (PDX) tumor models pharmacology and PK/PD studies including but not limited to cell implants, tumor measurements, bleeding, animal dosing (IP, oral, SC, and especially IV).
- Candidate will be working in a dynamic team environment to support multiple aspects of Biotherapeutic Drug discovery efforts. Should be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Keep detailed logs of the experiments and report scientific findings through write-ups, presentations, posters, manuscripts, and well-organized electronic lab notebook.
- Utilize various cell-based and biochemical assay for sample analysis (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, Jess (Proteinsimple) protein analysis, cell-based activity, proliferation assays and various other platforms. Perform established biological assays as well as develop and optimize new assays.
- This is a hands-on position requiring conducting laboratory experiments, good documentation skills, good writing skills, and the flexibility to move between the planning and execution of each required function as needed.
- Other duties as may be required.
- A Ph.D. in Cell, Molecular or Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of industrial or postdoctoral laboratory experience working in a cancer or immunology laboratory.
- Biotech experience is a big plus.
- Experience with engineered T cell therapies for anti-tumor efficacy studies is a plus.
- Experience with data processing and analysis tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Prism.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Good documentation skills required.
- Good writing skills required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/lab work environment.
- None or very limited physical effort required.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risk, which require following basic safety precautions.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org