Werewolf Therapeutics, Inc., Cambridge, MA
Cancer immunotherapy targeting immune checkpoints is demonstrating transformative anti-tumor activity in clinical use, and additional immune regulatory pathways are emerging with the expectation that therapeutics targeting these pathways will rapidly enter clinical development. Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting start-up biotech, located in the heart of Cambridge MA, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents for the treatment of cancer. We are currently seeking an experienced bioanalytical scientist to join our rapidly growing team.
Description of Role, Responsibilities and Requirements
The successful candidate will be a creative scientist with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience in in vivo biotherapeutics pharmacology. H/she will provide expertise and leadership for in vivo pharmacology studies to test and evaluate novel tumor-directed and immuno-oncology-focused therapeutics. H/she will independently plan and manage in vivo experiments in syngeneic, PDX and humanized mouse models through close collaboration and interaction with specialized external CRO. The successful candidate will present the data to the project team and senior management. H/she will be expected to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Independently design and plan syngeneic mouse pharmacology studies with a focus on anti-tumor activity, PK/PD relationship, MOA and biomarker identification
- All in vivo studies will be performed by external CRO or in an external mouse vivarium hotel set-up
- Analyze various mouse and NHP plasma and tumor samples to answer PK, PD, MOA and biomarker questions (hands-on bench work)
- Utilize various cell-based and biochemical assay for sample analysis (ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, Jess (Proteinsimple) protein analysis, cell-based activity, proliferation assays and various other platforms.
- Advise translational team on selection and use of various syngeneic mouse models to answer critical project questions
- Use external CRO resources to develop, troubleshoot and execute in vivo studies
- Perform statistical analysis of experimental data from in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Maintain detailed and well-organized electronic lab notebook.
- Actively participate in presentations of lab data and scientific discussions in lab meetings.
- A Ph.D. in Cell or Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of industrial or postdoctoral laboratory experience working in a cancer, immunology or bioanalytical laboratory.
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience with mouse syngeneic tumor models and PK/PD studies (i.v., i.p, s.c. and oral)
- Strong expertise in cellular tumor immunology, immune checkpoints and T cell/NK biology is a plus.
- Prior expertise with managing work and timelines at various CRO is a must.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and for maintaining timelines with strong organizational skills.
- Expertise with data processing and analysis tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Prism.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to execute experimental plans and deliver results is also necessary.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: email@example.com