JOIN OUR TEAM
Cancer immunotherapy targeting immune checkpoints is demonstrating transformative anti-tumor activity in clinical use, and additional immune regulatory pathways are emerging with the expectation that therapeutics targeting these pathways will rapidly enter clinical development. Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting start-up biotech, located in the heart of Cambridge MA, focusing on the development of novel biologic agents for the treatment of cancer. We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our rapidly growing team.
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Compile and analyze financial information, record monthly journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations, process and record payroll, process accounts payable and assist with ad hoc projects as needed.
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable, including invoice and receipt entry, vendor inquiries and payment processing
- Timely processing of semi-monthly payrolls and benefit mangement
- Responsible for aspects of the month and quarter-end close process, including timely completion of certain balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide accounting support for external audit requests
- Act as liaison between Finance and other departments as required
- Support the Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager in the implementation and operation of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control policies and procedures
- Support the Accounting Manager and Director of FP&A estimating accruals as well as support the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Minumum Bachelor’s degree in accounting (Master’s preferred)
- 2-3 years in Finance/Accounting (1-2 years in a public accounting firm strongly preferred), Biotech/pharmaceutical experience a plus
- CPA or progress toward CPA a plus
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, and/or ADP WorkForce Now a plus
Werewolf offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, identity theft protection, pet insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance and a flexible spending account for health care and/or dependent care.
For further information or to be considered for this position, please contact: email@example.com